keith

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:38:25 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Tue 13 Sep 2005 12:28:30a, Rudy wrote in alt.home.repair:

I have 3/4 HP In-Sink-Erator garbage disposer. A friend of mine told us
that we shouldn't put egg shells and corn seals into the disposer. Why
that? what else (food garbage) we cannot put into it?

potato peels and onion skins. Egg shells are OK

Week cook a lot of potatoes and use a lot of onions. I have never had a
problem with either.

The only time we had a problem with potato peels was the thanksgiving we
moved into the house. The whole thing backed up. I pulled the trap
apart[*], then proceeded to break the plastic nut where the trap goes into
the wall. Since it was Thanksgiving...

Other that that, potato peels, onion skins, and egg shells all go down the
disposall. ...sometimes, after an omelette, all together.

[*] The problem *could* have had something to do with the plastic knife
found in wedged the trap. ;-)