MarkM

Default 240v LED for bathroom fan

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
"MarkM" wrote in message
om...
"Frisket" wrote in message

"Mike Ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in
:

What I want to do is modify the casing of the fan so that an

indicator
light shows when the switch is on.
If the switch is off, it is reasonable to assume that if the fan is
running this is due to the humidistat.

It would work equally well if a light came on when the humidistat

was
active.

I just have two posssible reasons for the fan to be running and no

way
of telling which.

snip
If the electrical option is too complex for this reason, there may be
a mechanical solution. The last time we were in the US, the ceiling
fans had a little mechanical doodah on the pull cord to show what
state the fan was in. Although now that I think about it, the fans
(and the doodahs) were designed with 1 off state and 3 on states for
the different speeds. So even if you could find them here (unlikely)
they probably wouldn't be much use for a 2 state device... Sorry!

[See previous posts]
I already have an external on/off switch with both neon and mechanical
indicators.
The issue is the internal switch (tiny) within the fan body.
I need a very small indicator light to show if power is coming via the
switch or the humidistat - both of which are built into the compact fan
body.
So the indicator has to be integrated into the fan body.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well... The mechanical indicator is
attached to the pull string of the internal fan switch, so that it
would track (and indicate) the state of this internal switch. So it
would indicate whether the humidistat was being over-ridden by the
manual switch. Sounds very clunky, but actually worked fine on the
overhead fans. I expect these are an over-the-counter accessory sold
in the US, but may not be available in a two-state on-off form.