Oliver Brearley

Default Extractor fan ducting 125mm to 100mm

"TheScullster" wrote in message ...
Not too sure of your layout, but better to go up in duct size than down!
That way you get 6" (150) stuff - readily available and (more importantly
perhaps) you decrease rather than increase the velocity for a given air
flow - therefore should be less noisy.

Phil

Thanks to all that have replied, you've given me plenty to think
about. I should have provided some details of the ducting run I'm
thinking of doing. Some of the points made would be very valid on a
larger run, but I'll be sure to consider them in this run that is just
less than 2 meters. To give you an idea of where I up to on this
'do-er' up property, please see the URL below.

http://oli4uk.tripod.com/ducting01.htm

Again, Thanks to all that took the time to reply.

- Oliver.