chris French

Default Bathroom vent through roof

In message , Philip Thompson
writes

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Philip Thompson" wrote in message
Trying to work out the best way to vent a bathroom using a fan with 4"

pipes
and feeding through the roof.

Hi Philip,

If the vent is being powered with a fan, then don't touch the tiled roof

at
all. You bungalow will have eaves, the eaves will have soffit boards

under
them,

OK on getting out via a soffit. I looked at that a few days ago but cant get
at the soffit board from inside.

Yep I had a problem with getting out through our soffits, so I went
through the roof.

The "lead tile" idea is looking favourite so far

It's called a 'weathering slate' - and the malleable metal sheet is
normally Aluminium rather than lead now AFAIK . Works fine.

I think you can also get special vents to match with certain roof tiles
so that it hardly notices.
--
Chris French, Leeds