Ken

Default online woodworking tool shop in Europe- getting a scrollsaw

Iīve been looking for a suitable scrollsaw for a hobby user and have been
recommended the Delta SS350LS. There is also an older version called 40-570,
which seem to be available here in my country, Finland, but Iīd like the
newer one with the stand that comes with it. Also been looking at those
expensive Hegner scrollsaws.

The problem is, that the Delta SS350LS is not sold over here, only the
discontiued 40-570 without any stand whatsoever. The price for this is 330
euros ($410). Thatīs kind of much, considering that you guys in the States
get a DeWalt 788 including a stand for that amount of cash.

I know the DeWalt 788 is one that is usually recommended, but I have asked
the factory and they do not make a model for the European market with the
required 230Volt motor. The Delta 40-570 has a European version, not sure if
there is one of the newer SS350LS that Iīd like.

The Hegner scrollsaws are of course available for the European market and
electricity specifications, being an Austrian product, but prices here in
Finland for even the smallest one is about 600 euros and it doesnīt take a
blade quickchange set at all. The bigger ones do, but then prices goes to
more than 1300 euros and thatīs without electronic speed control, you have
to buy separately the speed control, quickchange blade holder and stand.

So, back to the subject:

Is there an online woodworking tool shop somewhere in Europe with reasonable
prices? Preferably one that carries the Delta scrollsaws and/or Hegner ones?

Iīm thankful for any tips and comments.

Sincerely, Ken
Finland