MC

Gas regulators internal diaphram can be damaged easier than you think. I
have seen a few go bad, Not common but can happen.

Most of the time when they go bad is due to rupture when the gas service has
been off and then the valve on the incoming line is turned on too quickly,
should always open slowly to pervent rupture.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Yargnits" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had the meter replaced as well however the regulator is separate and
is much older. Would there be any reason to believe that it went bad?

I'm tending to agree that I should just replace the water heater and
see what happens.

No the regulators are pretty simple products.