Goedjn

Hi RicodJour,
Thank you very much for your post. I've been working with these clients for
quite some time and it appeared that maybe we'd found a decent fit. These
clients are smart, reasonable people, so I thought if experts on this forum
had any suggestions maybe there would be a ray of hope. If there was no
hope, then we would simply move on. It was not a big deal.

If they otherwise like the house, this shouldn't be a major problem.
It's a cookstove, right? But you still ought to be able to duct
the vent in a soffit or through the floor-joists to an outside wall.

"That looks to difficult" is generally a translation for,
"It's not obvious to me how to do this." Find someone who
DOES know how to do it.