RicodJour

FE wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

Amun wrote:
"FE" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm a real estate agent. My clients found a home but the vent over

the
stove doesn't go outside. It is a two-story home and the stove is on

an
interior wall.

Not having an outside vent is a show-stopper for my clients. However,

if
they found a house without an outside vent they would consider

installing
one later, but for this particular home they think it would be too
difficult
to make this adjustment.

I'm assuming we will simply have to forget about this home, but just

in
case
someone has faced a similar situation, I would be appreciative of your
advice.

Thank you!

Why are you wasting your clients time trying to sell them a house they

don't
want ?
If they aren't interested, don't force it down their throats.

Someone else will likely want it.

AMUN

Maybe the homebuyers and the real estate agent don't know what they are
looking at and need advice whether or not it is a problem or not.

Maybe the real estate agent is doing their job, and earning their
money. I don't see anyone being forced.

Maybe you're just reading between lines that aren't there.

Most likely all three.

Hi RicodJour,
Thank you very much for your post. I've been working with these clients for
quite some time and it appeared that maybe we'd found a decent fit. These
clients are smart, reasonable people, so I thought if experts on this forum
had any suggestions maybe there would be a ray of hope. If there was no
hope, then we would simply move on. It was not a big deal.

Removing the stove entirely would be another option. Not a big deal to
do. Cap off the line to the stove/fireplace in the basement, as close
to the main line as possible. Open the floor or wall by the stove and
remove the exposed piping and patch and paint. I wouldn't turn down a
house I liked for such a little item. You could probably have the
existing owner pay for the work if they wanted to sell the house badly
enough.