SQLit

"Bill" wrote in message
What are the *specific* requirements from insurance companies for
electronic home security/fire systems? (For the maximum discount - up to
20% off homeowners insurance I guess?)

The goal of my project is the least amount of protection for the maximum
discount. I don't *really* need a security system as I live in a low crime
rate area. Just exploring ways to save money on my insurance. I will of
course ask my agent, but he tends to tell me about insurance options which
cost more, not available discounts...

About all I can find on the internet is "U.L certified monitoring station"
or "additional discount for fire protection".

So specifically, for maximum discount....

Even if they install for free the monitoring fees, required by most
insurance companies are going to eat every bit of the proposed savings.

If your home owners is a $1000.00 then 20% is $200.00 My last monitored
system cost $19.99 plus tax a month. I do not think that you can get a
installed system monitored for that. More like $35.00 a month.

I will bet your home owners insurance is less than an grand.