RicodJour

Bill wrote:
What are the *specific* requirements from insurance companies for
electronic home security/fire systems? (For the maximum discount - up to
20% off homeowners insurance I guess?)

For specific requirements for a specific insurance company you'd have
to ask them.

The goal of my project is the least amount of protection for the maximum
discount. I don't *really* need a security system as I live in a low crime
rate area. Just exploring ways to save money on my insurance. I will of
course ask my agent, but he tends to tell me about insurance options which
cost more, not available discounts...

His tendencies shouldn't matter. Ask him directly and ask to see the
requirement information he's getting in writing.