Amun

"grodenhiATgmailDOTcom" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a single handle shower control at my house (moved in 7 months
ago). When we first moved it, the shower handle broke. I replaced it
with the same kind that broke, a clear plastic Moen handle. The part
that broke is the section that "grips" around the stem. That was about
6 months ago. Well the handle just broke again, same thing. So it
appears I get around 6 months use per handle? There's only two of us,
so its not getting tons of use. Does 6 months sound right? The handle
(before it broke) didn't seem to be too tight (so don't think the stem
is sticking). In case, is it good/bad to spray some WD-40 into the
stem area? Is it possible to get metal replacement hanles (or any
other substance better than plastic)? Thanks in advance!!

Spray wd-40 on plastic ??????
NO!!!!!

Wanna have some fun with old Rubiks cubes (sp).
Spray them with wd-40, run a safe distance away, and watch what happens.

Those handles should only take a couple of fingers to move.
Any tighter and you need to tear it down to find the problem.

AMUN