mike ring

Default Ancient HW Cylinder - replacement

Britannica wrote in
:

Suggestions for a supplier would be helpful, and am I likely to be
able to get a cylinder with suitable threads on the connections ?

TIA

I went the other way and had a solid fuel back boiler replaced by gas.

The same cylinder was used, in fact the pipes to it were untouched at
the cylinder end; so it's hard to see what's "special" - it's worked
pretty well for about five years, and was elderly then.

Which led to the next problem, the original DHW gravity system has
gradually been uprated to a fully pumped CH/DHW system, with the
original pipes still in place, so an upgrade is needed that has to start
with a new cylinder and move out to central area piping. (or should it
be the other way round?)

(BTW, they are still 1" BSP, see the thread "confused about BSP
threads" starting on the 22nd for lots more info and a bit of
entertaining infighting)

The most accessible cylinders AFAICS are Albion, available in many sizes
and from many online dealers - I can't reccommend as I haven't made my
purchase yet, ther's also Range cylinders

http://rangecylinders.co.uk

but they don't appear as easy to acquire.

Screwfix supply a limited range from the rcm group

http://www.rcmgroup.co.uk

My problem now is that I can get no help at all from plumbers'
merchants, I'm convinced that the blokes are all cloned off the same
combi enthusuast, and Albion seem to be the only firm with a good online
selling network, so now you know just as much as I do

HTH

mike