Banty

Default Kitchen design - dishwasher next to stand-alone range?

I'm getting my kitchen totally remodelled soon, and one detail to be worked out
is how to get the sink (I want a double sink) centered under the current window
opening. One thing that would work would be to place the dishwasher next to the
range. Kitchen designer says it's not done. I'll get back to him to iron out
that last details before anything's ordered to bang the rest of these details in
place and I'll pursue it again then, but what do folks here say?

Is there a reason to be at least cautious about placing a dishwasher next to the
stove. It will be an 18" apartment-sized dishwasher, if that matters.

Banty