Duane Bozarth

Steve wrote:

My 3 upstairs bedrooms are on one 15 amp circuit. ...

Yesterday we lost power in all three room but the breaker did not trip.
... When I
unplugged the fan the power came on in all 3 rooms. I suspected a problem
with the fan. I tried the fan in another circuit and it worked fine. Later
that night my wife unplugged the AC from the same outlet and we lost all
power on that circuit. when she plugged the AC back in power was
restored?????

Any advice on the electrical problem??? Could it be chewed wires or could it
be a bad outlet???

Yes.

Although I'll vote for A) first, given the symptom of mucking w/ the
receptacle changes things. Actually, of course, it could well be
(probably is?) simply a loose connection rather than the receptacle
itself being faulty.

I would recommend throwing the breaker if a simple look-see doesn't
uncover the problem at the outlet as a fire-reduction measure. As it
sounds like you're not particularly comfortable w/ the idea of wiring,
if it isn't obvious to you what is wrong when you look at the outlet,
I'd recommend getting an electrician to check it out...this could be a
significant fire hazard.