Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:12:12 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Rick wrote:
You need a Dwalt XRP tool, hours of user time, and a 1 hour recharge.

Is there really a decent cordless circular saw? My ancient but excellent
B&D mains 10" one has a 1000 watt motor that runs at 10,000 rpm. Sounds
difficult to do with cordless.

I have a small Makita one with a 75mm blade. The blade is thin and
is geared from the motor so doesn't spin fast but does have
respectable torque.

For its purpose of trimming small and light things it's excellent.

I am unconvinced by the larger types intended to replace mains ones.
ISTM that the performance/convenience trade off would only be there
for things like roofing.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl