Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:19:42 +0100, Damian Glasfurd-Brown
wrote:

Hi folks

My traditional salt-eating water softener (protecting a family household
supply) has broken. I am looking at about £500 to replace it.

I note that a number of suppliers offer electronic water softeners
(sometimes referred to as descalers) which consist of coils of wire
wrapped around your water mains inlet pipe, which are supplied a current
by a small mains-attached box. The principle is that the crystalline
structure of the "hard" components of the water is altered in such a way
as to prevent it aggregating.

It is claimed that these are just as effective. They are certainly a
great deal cheaper to buy and run, easier to install, and would seem to
be a no-brainer decision. But it seems to good to be true.

Mmmm.... they would be a decision for those of no brain.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl