**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Radioactive Isotope tracer?

N Cook wrote:

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message

What about pushing rods into the ground and measuring the resistance

between

them, or something like that. The idea being that the wet ground will
conduct much better.

WT

"N Cook" wrote in message

By excavating pits and freezing the pipe I localised down to a 20 foot

run

and then a 10 foot run. I've now dug 2 more pits so about 3 foot
apart in that 10 foot. 3 gallons of water an hour is just disappearing
with no trace emerging along pipe or into holes.

While I wait for more water to freeze in the freezer to
localise a bit more, anyone any ideas for electronically/
audibly trying to localise the leak. A listening stick made from a steel
rod and a wooden drawer knob certainly works against anywhere
on the pipe (thats the problem ,anywhere ,
and much same level) but nothing through the soil

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Did that this pm.
Assorted readings mainly in hundreds of kilohms and one area showing about
500 ohms so dug down to the pipe and nothing found.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.