Albert Grennock

"sofie" wrote in message
Albert Grennock:
You are on the right track BUT do NOT modify the circuitry with changing
resistance values. More than likely the problem you are seeing is due to
faulty, dry, or high ESR electrolytics in the vertical deflection

circuitry.
If you do not have an ESR meter then you must just replace suspected caps
..... or.....
TAKE it to a service shop for what should be a fairly inexpensive repair.
Do not wait until it develops further problems or the repair price will be
higher. Get a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision.

The product is only a few days old so I will be getting my money back
(hopefully).
They can have it repaired it they wish but I imagine it will be dumped in a
skip.
They probably only cost £30 to make anyway, the other £100 being
'overheads'.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Albert Grennock" wrote in message
I bought a new Ferguson FTV210N 21" television and it
seems the picture is too big vertically I eventually found a
'pot' (potentiometer) which seems to control the picture hight
but even at maximum adjust the picture is still too (big slightly).
(There didn't seem to a similar pot to do the same thing
horizontally, incidently, is this normal?)

Any ideas as to what is the problem???

I mean surely adding a bit more resistance would fix it??

Initially I though the problem might be 'fixable' in the TV's
service mode (is it indeed has one) but the pot controls it.