jo4hn

Robatoy wrote:
[snip]
Steve Vai, Al DeMeola. Gary Moore, Jeff Beck are all in my collection.
Satriani is only mildly entertaining.
Pete Townsend is entertaining, and The Who the best
damned rock-band that ever lived.
That leaves us with Ry Cooder, SRV, etc.
Some of my favourites include Peter Green and Brian May.

Most highly overrated:

The Edge.."THE Edge"... of U-2 and that asshole from Metallica.

Jeez Robatoy, you really shouldn't equivocate so much. LOL. ;-)
And anyway nobody has mentioned Keith Richards, Merle Travis, Chet
Atkins, etc. Oh and in case there is somebody out there that doesn't
recognize the "Clapton is god" reference, it was probably the most
recognizable bit of grafitti in London in the early 70s. Layla rules.
mahalo,
jo4hn