Don Foreman

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:49:42 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Anyone got a clean db meter they don't need and want to sell/trade? I live about
100 yards from a large freeway that the state is preparing to widen, and I want
to take some sound level data to feed to their team that's evaluating the need
for sound wall height adjustment. Also, I want to keep an "ear" on the sound
intensity levels reached in my son's band's practice space.

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it's a damn sight closer than a lot of
the garbage I see lately, and I've been a regular on this NG since the mid-90s.

Thanks!

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Radio Shack sells one for $60, claims accuracy of 2 dB at 114 dB.
It's pretty hard to measure sound pressure level more accurately than
that outside of an anechoic chamber.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/spl-meter_e.html