Artemia Salina

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:16:45 -0700, jk wrote:

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:

I think the electrocution risk [of 480 volts] is substantially
greater than 240V as well.

Proly 4x as great.
------------------

Probably and provably not. Far and away the greatest number of
electrocutions occurs from 120 V circuits in the US. Yes the higher
voltage can punch through the skin barrier easier, but far more people
treat 120 in a very cavalier fashion.

Wouldn't it also be a factor that 120 volts is much more commonly
available (and especially around those without much knowledge of
electricity) than 480 volts?

Since I'm posting on the subject of 3 phase power from the utility co.
I'm curious if 3 phase power is more or less expensive per kilowatt hour
than single phase. Is it even a valid comparison?