zxcvbob

lp13-30 wrote:
That unit should have a minimum of 5 year warranty on the
compressor-possibly even 10. Some warranties cover parts and labor on
the "sealed system"(any of the system that holds refrigerant), some
cover parts only. Have you checked into that? If it is only 3 or 4 years
into a 5 yr warranty, they should be able to go by the serial number if
you are not the original purchaser, or have no paperwork. Good luck
Larry

That worked for me once. There was a sticker with the manufacture date
and it failed within 5 years. I got a new compressor installed for free
with no paperwork.

Best regards,
Bob