Jeff Wisnia

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"User Example" wrote in message

It is actually one of those magnifying glass lamps like on workbench
tables. It's a nice one so I want to fix the lamp if I can. I took the
broken switch apart to see what is wrong and how it works. The button had
a piece broken off and it is missing so I can't fix it.

It may be worth buying a cheap fixture for undercounter lighting and taking
the switch out. They sell for less than $10.

Ah, but I betcha those will use a regular on-off switch and a cheapo
glass bulb bimetal neon starter and paralleled capacitor (without a can)
wired right in.

I fixed GE undercounter light two weeks ago and it used one of those
wired in starters. (Problem was just a thermal fuse glued to the ballast
which had died of old age. wouldja believe I had a perfect match
replacement thermal fuse in my "hell box"?

Come to think of it, if he could fit in one of those wire-in starters he
could solve his problem with a simple on-off switch. Yeah, he could take
the starter out of the $10 light, along with the switch, couldn't he.

Have we overkilled this one yet?

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia