Greg O

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all,

I have a steel Benchmark Door that I just installed. I thought it was a
nice door. However, painting it blows. I used Behr Exterior Latex paint
on it and it just peels like a *******. The door is defective and the
primer used on this door doesn't take in the paint. I painted a Stanley
door with the same paint and it's just awsome. Here's my question.
Would I be able to get only a Stanley Steel 36" door and hang it on the
existing hinges from the Benchmark Door? Will they line up?

John

Your poor preparation is the door's fault?
Strip off the paint you applied, sand, clean with paint thinner, then use
the proper paint, something for metal.
Greg