The Watcher

On 11 Sep 2005 16:50:41 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:54:06 GMT, 123go wrote:

There were some cases of building occupants shooting people attempting
to break in. That was self-defense, an entirely different issue.
Nobody objects to killing in self-defense.

there are plenty of our legislators and congressmembers who DO object to the
use of deadly force in self defense. Strange, but true. Senator Feinstein
has stated something to the effect of "I understand why some people want
guns for hunting, but self defense is not something I am comfortable with".

Is that why she has an armed bodyguard?

Yes, it's so SHE doesn't have to bother with SELF defense. :/
None of that messy dirtying of her hands.

We also hear quite frequent howls when a police officer shoots someone in
self defense.

With the inevitable "Yes, he had a long criminal record ,but he was just
starting to think about considering turning his life around" wailing,
yes.

Poor victims of society and all that, you know.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.