Larry Caldwell

In article . com,
(TrainsintheMembrane) says...

We just had a salesman from Thermo-Tite (
http://www.thermo-tite.com/)
visit our house and wanted to share our experience.

Why did you even let this guy in the door? I replaced all the windows
in my house myself. It cost $2800 for 11 new U36, low-E windows and a
fancy Pella french door to replace the old patio slider. It was a lot
of work. I removed the trim from the old windows, inside and out,
pulled the old windows, replaced the windows and trim, and repainted.

If that's the sort of job he was selling, $7300 was a pretty good price.

Before you ever talk to a contractor, you need to write up the job
specifications, and have them become part of any sales contract. The
way energy costs are going, window replacement should be at the top of
your list for home improvement. Just write up the specs and get bids.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc