Edwin Pawlowski

"Steven L Umbach" wrote in message
I have never heard of egg shells being a problem and I have been doing it
for fifteen years at our house and we have never experienced a problem that
required a plumber. A couple of times the trap got filled with rice however
that my wife put a whole bunch in at once.

Egg shells are OK it you have a few or they are mixed with other garbage. If
you have a dozen eggs it is probably best to toss them in the trash. Coffee
grinds can be a problem in quantity also.

We have a disposal, but big bones, tea bags, coffee grounds, all go either
on the compost pile or in the trash. Same with lobster or clam shells.