Edwin Pawlowski

"Vince" wrote in message

When you refer to the "feed", is that meant to be the main feed
control for the entire house ?

There is a control valve between the cold water feed line and the
pressure regulator, which is followed by an air bleed valve. I think
that is the valve for me to use, or should I use the house main water
feed shut off control valce that is above (follows) the water meter ?

No need to shut off the house. Thee should be a valve either on or just
before the boiler to shut off the feed into it.

I will also shut down the electrical power to the heating system while

Yes, I should have mentioned that. You don't want it to fire when water is
low.

I have located the drain valve; it has a fitting for attaching a
garden hose to it. I can route the drain water to a nearby drywell
drain located outside my basement door.

That's the one. You won't get a lot out of it.

There is a second hose spicket/valce located at the base of the boiler
cabinet. I don't think that is the valve to use when draining, as
there is no need to drain water from the boiler itself. OK?

Correct. As long as the line you are working on is drained yo are good to
go.

There is a shut off valve in the return path also, between the drain
valve and the water circulator pump. I dont know if that valve must
be closed or left as is ?

You should not need it.

I've just taken some digital pics, and can upload those for viewing at
epson photo website, if needed.

Thanks again for your info, Ed.

If you are still unsure,, go ahead, but I think you have the right idea.
You're welcome.