Appliance Repair Aid

dean wrote:
Hi there all, please help!

Moved into new house in March, fridge/freezer there is around 3 years
old (Kitchenaid superba, stainless steel). Loved it until today.
Started to defrost on me.

Here's what's new: I hear a click about once a minute from near the
bottom right, kinda underneath it. The fan speed reduces a little, and
it sounds like the compressor is running but its rather quiet so its
hard to tell. It clicks on like this for around 10 secs, and then off
again for about a minute, repeating continuously. The air coming out
near the top inside the freezer part is cool/cold, but its not getting
it down cld enough. Its as if the compressor is not on for long enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it clicked like
that at all, but I can't be 100% sure.

Thanks!

Dean

Hi,

Here's what's new: I hear a click about once a minute from near the
bottom right, kinda underneath it.

Often the compressor trying to start but cannot and the compressor
shuts off on it's built in safety device.

Bad compressor, dirty condensor coils, bad compressor relay or
combination of a couple are common trouble makers.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=586234
Relay/overload repair kit.

http://www.applianceaid.com/clean_condenser.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/refrigerator.html#clicking