I R Baboon

yea just slap some caulk on and forget about it. no sense in fixing it the
right way. just leave it half assed for the next guy to fix correctly.
BTW did you own my house before me?

"erico" wrote in message
Did you not mount the "union" to a brace between the studs ?
usually you use a cast fitting with 2 screw holes.

but can you get to it from behind, or is this against the basement wall

?

I braced it enough so that someone playing with the showerhead couldn't
easily move the pipe - but the bracing wasn't intended to prevent

twisting.
Honestly, it never occurred to me that I might have to remove this thing.

Anyway - I went for broke and took off the metal shower stand. Nothing
inside the wall seemed to break, even though I had to twist quite hard.
After applying a lot more teflon and remounting it - the damn thing still
leaks, only not as much. =)

I think I'm going to give the caulk a shot. Heck - the stuff only has to
hold up to a five minute shower a few times a year.