Adam Weiss

Don wrote:
"Adam Weiss" wrote in message

Don wrote:

"Adam Weiss" wrote

I saw video today of a scuffle between cops and evacuees. One of the
cops completely ignored his cohorts efforts to get a handle on the
situation, and instead approached the camera-man - yelling "TURN OFF THE
CAMERA! TURN OFF THE CAMERA NOW!"

As the cop was armed, and was approaching the cameraman with a
threatening tone, he deserved to be shot right in the face.

I'd warn against shooting a cop surrounded by other cops (with guns) in
the face.

I'd say the camera guy should have kept rolling, braced himself, and seen
if he could get the coming assault by an officer caught on film.

Wouldn't his wife and kids like that?

Why would a grown man (the cop) act that way?

Easy.

He had something to fear.

Remember Rodney King? It wasn't a gun that brought the LAPD to its knees.
It was a camera. Cameras are better than any other thing at capturing the
truth. And when the truth is leaked about police activity, it's often
rough for the cops involved.

Witness Amadou Diallo.

41 shots.

Precisely.
When cops start fearing for their lives, then they may adjust their
behavior.
I;m not against the *concept* of cops, but I believe they have been largely
perverted these days.
Tazing 13 yo gurls and and handicapped old ladies, etc. You know what I
mean.

Tasing 6 year olds is what they do now.

Didn't you see the news? It was right there in FLA if I remember. Miami.

Most are OK but the bad ones drag all of them down.

Totally true.

I would add that the blue wall of silence doesn't help matters.
Otherwise good cops seem to unwaveringly stand by their bad colleagues
even when they know it's wrong.

But that's not all. District Attorneys who have learned to trust and
work with cops to jail criminals wind up being the ones who prosecute
those very same cops when people are brutalized. Talk about a system
open to corruption.

If they policed themselves a lot of this stuff would be history.
But they don't, so they all suffer.

Thanks to Frank Serpico there is an internal affairs unit with most
large forces now, and they are theoretically supposed to police the
police. But if internal affairs were really enough, Amadou Diallo and
Rodney King wouldn't have fallen victim.