JC

"Zen Cohen" wrote in message
I have an old one-car garage (about 20'x10') that I use only for storage.
The concrete floor (no rebar, prolly built around WWII) is badly cracked
and buckled in the center with that area maybe 3 inches higher than the
rest of the floor, and there a gaps of up to several inches in the middle
between the cracks. I want to do something to make the floor smoother and
more usable but am not willing to spend the $3000-plus to redo the
foundation. Somebody suggested pouring asphalt onver the concrete. Is this
workable? Any other suggestions for improving the surface that aren't so
expensive? Thanks.

My garage floor is asphalt. While I would rather it was concrete, I have to
say I haven't had any significant problems. The biggest irritation is that
it isn't flat. My tool chest, table saw, etc. wobble a bit. As noted, it
is soft. If I put something up on jack stands in there, I'll put plywood
under the stands. Other than that, it gets the job done.