Dave D

"Albert Grennock" wrote in message
I bought a new Ferguson FTV210N 21" television and it
seems the picture is too big vertically I eventually found a
'pot' (potentiometer) which seems to control the picture hight
but even at maximum adjust the picture is still too (big slightly).
(There didn't seem to a similar pot to do the same thing
horizontally, incidently, is this normal?)

Any ideas as to what is the problem???

Yes, I already told you what it might be, Albert. Weren't the replies in
your last thread on the exact same subject good enough? You were given good
and sensible advice, especially about staying out of service menus and not
making adjustments. Don't ignore it unless you want a whole lot more grief.

I mean surely adding a bit more resistance would fix it??

Maybe, just like fitting a 2,000,000 gallon expansion tank to your car will
'fix' a radiator leak. Something is clearly wrong, I'd expect some
components to fail fairly soon, probably after you do something catastrophic
and void the warranty.

Initially I though the problem might be 'fixable' in the TV's
service mode (is it indeed has one) but the pot controls it.

You said it would be a hassle to take it back to where you bought it. If you
aren't happy, and you cannot source the fault yourself, then that's what you
need to do, like it or not. If you really cannot get back to the shop, try
contacting the manufacturer. Either that or get it fixed locally at your own
cost.

If you do decide on the most sensible course of action and get a
refund/repair under warranty, don't be surprised if they refuse on the
grounds that you've tinkered with it.

Go on Albert, use the warranty, that's what they're there for!

Dave