keith

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:33:50 +0000, Nehmo wrote:

In tile, stone floor tile, for example, are the grout lines more prone
to crack if they are wide?

Grout width is a personal/aesthetic thing. If the floor is going to flex
enough to the grout to crack, the tile will eventually too. With 12" tile
I like a 1/4" grout line. I'm doing a bunch now, in fact.

Other than aesthetics, is there any advantage of narrow over wide, or
visa versa, grout lines?

Not really, though it *may* be easier down the line to cut wider grout out
to replace it. I wouldn't consider this to be a magor advantage though.
The big thing is to make sure the substrate that you're mounting the tile
to is stiff enough.

--
Keith