Jeff Wisnia

Thanks. I do call professionals, but I try to be somewhat educated
first because I don't want to be ripped off. The condensation used
has always emptied via pvc pipe to our laundry tub, but it would
occasionally back up and the pan would overflow, so the pump was
installed last year. It is a combination gas heater/ air
conditioner. Are you saying a lit pilot has nothing to do with air
conditioning, just heating?

It certainly shouldn't need to be lit to permit the AC to work.

It could well be an iced up evaporator like several folks have already
said. That can happen if a filter gets so clogged that the air flow
through the evaporator gets so slow that the coil gets cold enough to
ice up.

But you said you changed the filter a week ago, so that isn't likely to
be the cause of an iced evaporator.

Try what others have said, leave it off overnight and see if the air
flow and cooling returns the next day.

If it does, you still haven't "fixed" anything, becuse things that go
away by themselves have a way of coming back by themselves. I'd still
get a professional in to check out the charge, even if it starts working
again.

Good Luck,

Jeff
--