Amun

"Yargnits" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, with all the great stuff posted here I'm going to price a new
water heater today. One thing I didn't know was that a water heater
has a regulator built into it. Who's to say that's not what's bad.

As for checking pressure myself, I think an easier way would be to buy
a fitting to attach to my dryer hose and checking the pressure there
(no soldering).

Once I have the new WH installed, I'll watch the meter and see how fast
it spins. I actually recorded the meter when the current WH was in a
heat cycle so I have something to compare to.

What you really should see is not a difference in consumption while it
burns, but how short a period a new one takes before the water is hot.

AMUN