RicodJour

My thanks to those who have responded...please continue this thread and
the advice. So far, I've gotten the idea that it is not a good idea to
continue the tile above the bullnose, but no one has said why. If it
is sealed well why would there be a problem? I am also now considering
using a waterproof tileboard (PVC as opposed to wood based) and placing
this above the tile. Removing the existing tile or tearing out any
part of the wall is simply something I am not prepared to do at this
point (I simply can't bring myself to do it to such a new wall, and my
wife would have a fit if I tried.)

The wife will feel better when you have to tear out the new work and
the old a few years down the road? What does the age of the wall have
to do with it? Your bathtub area was not built as a shower, the
builder made a boo-boo. Why would you want to build on his mistake?

"Sealed well" is an unfortunate choice of words. You won't know if
it's sealed well, regardless of how much caulk and sealer you use,
until you start finding soft spots in the wall or tile starts coming
loose. At that point you're in for a major repair.

Greenboard is NOT waterproof. Not even remotely. It is moisture
resistant. It is not meant to take tile in a shower. If you put up
tile board (which is crap by the way unless you get plastic, then it
just looks like crap) the weak point is the existing tile, which is at
the lowest point and the most likely area to get damaged by the water.

About that one course of tile - is the top edge radiused, a bullnose?
It should be if it was just meant as a splash. If it is, you are
pulling the tile because you'll never be able to seal that well.

You got a free showerhead, that's all. You didn't get a free shower
stall. If you cheap out on the tile work, you will be damaging
yourself down the road. Personally, I'd rather lose the showerhead and
patch the wall than do bad work.

BTW, what sort of secondary bathroom only has a tub? I've never seen a
bathroom with a tub and no shower.