Sherman

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:17:34 -0500, "Greg" wrote:

We are buying a house built in 2003. The tile in the kitchen has cracked.
Instead of replacing it, we are thinking about this stamped concrete
process. Anyone know anything about this as far as durability and so on? I'm
guessing the reason the tile cracked is due to settling. After 2 years I'm
hoping it has stopped. Anyway, the guy my wife talked to said he could
either pour it directly over the existing tile or remove the tile and pour
it.

Examine the cracks closely. If there is any sign of vertical
movement, then you should stop with all plans to overlay the slab
until the problem is fixed.
If the crack is minimal and there is no vertical movement, then any
floating floor should work with minimal worries for years.