Mary Fisher

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

definition of competent

No, one cannot be certain of the meaning of the words yet but:

I am 100% certain the meaning of competenet person will, eventually, be
decided in court

So am I. It will be the only definition which will count but I don't think
it's been tested yet.

I am 90% certain the reason for the court hearing will be because of
incompetency

Yes.

(biassing the judge against DIY)

Not necessarily.

I am 70% certain the judge (taking the above and the intent of the law
into account) will come down against DIY and pro CORGI, making competency
almost impossible to demonstrate outside CORGI.

Of course, that leaves a 30% chance he won't. We will, I am sure, all
found out some time!

Yes. I hope it's later rather than sooner. I know that there are
incompetent installers (of everything) but I don't think that there are
accidents in 30% of installations.

That's merely opinion, however. I'm not a judge.

Mary

Bob Mannix