Allodoxaphobia

On 16 Sep 2005 00:13:33 -0700, Mohd.Javed wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am a guy from Mumbai (India), I was looking for a site to enlighten
me about bands UHF, VHF, S, Hyperband. I couldn't find a site which
would educate me on the subjecy. Some companies only gave an overview
explanation which seems marketing their brand.

Although, i want to know whether TV with UHF, VHF band is sufficient OR
with todays range of satellite channels S & Hyperband is also required.

We are subscribers of cable network. Our cable provider is unable to
transmit/receive nearly 40% channels.

It is a little hard to understand exactly what your describing, but if
my interpretation is close: It may be a simple case of the TV installed
on the cable system not being setup correctly. If the TV is set for
"ANTENNA" (or, something simialr), you will not be able to view all the
channels on the cable system. You must go into the TV's "SETUP" menu
and change the option (perhaps specified as "MODE") to "CABLE".

On one of my TV's here (a Panasonic), the options are "CABLE" and
(stupidly) "TV". Helllloooooo! It's _all_ "TV". :-)

HTH
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux