Gerard Bok

On 16 Sep 2005 00:13:33 -0700, "Mohd.Javed"
wrote:

I am a guy from Mumbai (India), I was looking for a site to enlighten
me about bands UHF, VHF, S, Hyperband. I couldn't find a site which
would educate me on the subjecy.

We are subscribers of cable network. Our cable provider is unable to
transmit/receive nearly 40% channels.

I beleive there could be one out of three possible reasons. 01.The
cable provider is unable to receive these channel's signals on his
satellite.? OR
02.The cable provider receives this channels, but is unable to
transmit/forward due to lack of proper transmitting equipments.? OR
03.The transmission is OK. However, since our Television set has only
UHF & VHF bands, it cannot receive these channel signals.

I guess, your guess is wrong :-)

There is a number one reason that reads: money!

Many channels charge for their use. If your provider wants to
relay those to their customers, they have to pay the owner of the
channel. And that's usually a charge 'per viewer'.
Which means, that they pay for any user that might tune in. Which
makes 'adding a channel' an expensive exercise, not a technical
challenge.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok