pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner Asch wrote back on
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:21:52 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:28:25 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

I can get 208v, 220v or 440v.

What are the pros and cons, if any, between the choices?

If it's just a home shop do not get 440v.
You're out of the realm of do-it-yourself
electrical work and accidents involving 440
are *not* fun.

Brrrrrrrrr...no...440 is into the "fiery plasma ball exploding flaming
bits of molten metal in a grenade like sphere of hell" sort of thing.

So, like, you're saying I should let my brother-in-law make any
adjustments?

220 would be cool.

When I was younger, I lived in Madrid, and in the new apartment, we
were getting a step-down transformer installed to convert the local (220
volts) to American appliance (110 VAC). Heard the "zot" and kind of saw the
flash of the short, definitely saw the electrician fall on his butt from
the shock. He wasn't too hurt, but he utter those immortal words to live
by:
"I didn't think that was going to work."

Word.

tschus
pyotr

--