Andy Hall wrote:
On 15 Sep 2005 16:00:03 -0700, wrote:

Peter wrote:
...you'd be looking at around 50kW
more or less depending on the inlet water temp.

Thanks Ed. That's quite some power for sure. I was concerned about
that. So I would be needing a very big gas combi or a three-phase
supply to drive some fancy, semi-industrial, Stiebel-Eltron kind of
electric device.

Peter,

There are stored water combis. They have everything in one box with
some stored water inside. You don't get too concerned about the
innards.

You should be.

I am only interested in what the combi delivers in flowrates. How it
works inside is only of passive interest.

The ACV Heatmaster will deliver 38 litres per minute and is
only 35 KW.

It will do that for an unspecified short time. Refer to other post.

Please do refer to my other post. The time is not unspecified, it is
clearly 10 minutes. It will fill a 380 litre bath in 10 minutes and a
normal bath in a few minutes.

The domestic meter will deliver around 60 KW. 35KW is just
over half of the meter capacity, so just ticking over. The Powermax,
Gledhill and Viessmann both have high flowrates as well.

For a short period. It is not possible to get a quart from a pint
pot.

The Powermax, Gledhill and Viessmann are all two bathroom models, and
then drop down to basic low flow continuously. The high flows are
enough to fill baths and have two simultaneous showers.

The Japanese Rinnai multi points have high flowrates with the downside
of no CH. I am seriously in the market for one of these.

I expect that the marketing guy is rubbing his hands with glee.

He should be as they are the biggest seller in the world. I'm off to
Travis Perkins now.

--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl