Chris Bacon

Jonathan wrote:
Which cheap circular saw? Going to need it about 6 times over next 2 weeks,
then probably twice a year max after that.

W/C 22nd Sept, Aldi are doing a Power Craft circular saw with laser guide
for £24.99
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_381.html

Or there's this "re-engineered" one from Langwells for £15.99:
http://www.langwells.co.uk/products/detail.asp?id=37011

The cheapest "proper" one I can find is £22.33+P&P from Hunter Tools
http://www.huntertools.co.uk/index.p... ucts_id=2226

Or a cordless one for £19.97 from Maplin
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...5734&T=368 89

The Aldi one has a 3 year guarantee, which is what caught my attention.
I mean, the amusingly named B&Q "Performance" saw is £19.97 with one year
warranty, and in my experience, performance stuff seems to last until they
come across anything tougher than damp kitchen paper.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...?PRODID=200264

So, anything against the Aldi one?

I'm going to get one. It comes with two blades, which is useful. For
another £8 you can but two more TCT blades. It's more powerful than
the others, and has a slightly better depth of cut. I shouldn't think
the "laser guide" is worth having, but you never know.