Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:33:54 +0100, Martin Carroll
wrote:

| In article , Chris Bacon
| writes
| Quotes rationalised:
|
| Martin Carroll wrote:
| Andrew Gabriel wrote:
| Martin Carroll wrote:
| OK, SO I raked all the sand/cement mortar out today and
| have purchased some lime mortar. I shall start pointing
| tomorrow 8-)
| I've never seen "lime mortar" for sale.
| Depending on what you bought, it might take some weeks to get
| the lime ready for use.
|
| Lime Putty Mortar, bought in a 25Kg tub, ready to use.
|
| Wow, how reactionary - I'd probably have gone 1:1:6, but then
| I might get it in the ear from A. Kettle. Do you have to mix
| the lime putty with sand, and protect it while it cures?
|
| No it is pre-mixed.

Do not produce your own slaked lime for lime mortar yourself, without
**great** research and care. Adding water to quick lime produces a lot of
heat, which can be spectacular and dangerous.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.