JW

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:11:07 GMT "Bob Kos" wrote in
Message id: .net:

Thanks for your reply. Your information is good. Unfortunately for me, I
was not able to save the inductor. It had some kind of corrosion or
reaction that weakened the wire and allowed it to open. The part is
destroyed. Now I must try to locate a replacement. Any recommendations on
where to go? Any ideas on a substitute item that will work? I cannot find
anything even closely resembling what I have at any source close to me (
parts chassis, catalogs, etc.). FWIW, this inductor has a solid ferrite
bobbin. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Possible to unwind the bobbin and count the windings while doing so? If
you can do that, you could re-wind the bobbin with new magnet wire.