NunYa Bidness

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:00:46 +0100, "Barney"
Gave us:

"Carl Jenkins" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm experiencing a bit of a problem with
the red gun or it's circuitry in my VGA monitor. Any
solid red colour has turned to very dark red (almost
black) and there is a slight cyan wash on the screen.
The monitor is a Panasonic PanaSync E70i (model numb.
TX-T7F22M).
My local library has not purchased the SAMs schematics
since they thought the monitor schematics collection
was too expensive. I'm a computer technician but I've
repaired lots of TV recievers and a few monitors in
the past and have some repair equipment. I can't seem
to find any web sites that have free downloads of
schematics (only DVD collections for sale). Has anyone
ever had this problem with this model monitor or
equivalent and could advise me of what to do to get
the red gun to show up again? Or does anyone know of
any sites that have monitor schematics for free download?

Well, any assistance/suggestions are appreciated.

TIA,

Carl

Check the crt voltages, that should lead you to the problem (although it
could be a tube fault).

Heck dude! Get a nice, new 19" Viewsonic CRT that can be had for
less than $200 these days.

Then... try to fix the ol' dog.

You'll thank yourself.