Angrie.Woman

Paul Franklin wrote:
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:13:19 GMT, "Angrie.Woman"
wrote:

Hello - Usenet citizen's first post to this group. I have two stupid
dogs who are squeezing out under the chain link fence to go play with
the other dogs in the park. Not digging - just squeezing.

So what would you try?

Googling got me attaching chicken wire to the bottom, angling it in and
burying it 12" or so in. My chicken wire projects always look like crap
though.

Stupid dogs.

Does your fence have a bottom wire? Fence installers can run a
plastic coated aircraft cable from post to post along the bottom. It
is woven into the bottom row of fencing, and pulled tight with a
turnbuckle at one end. This keeps the bottom edge of the fencing very
tight so it is much harder to squeeze under, as long as there isn't a
big gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground. You could do
it youself; it's not hard. If the dogs are really determined, they
may just resort to digging, but this will prevent them from just
squeezing under.

HTH,

Paul

Oooh. No, my fence doesn't have a bottom wire, and this sounds like it
might be the way to go. Where would I get plastic coated aircraft cable
from?