meirman

In alt.home.repair on Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:22:24 -0700 "Pagan"
posted:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Does anyone know if such a thing as a *cigarette* smoke detector is
manufactured and sold? A friend I know is thinking of an investment
property he wants to lease as ABSOLUTELY non-cigarette-smoke-friendly.
He's at a loss how he could end a tenant's lease if there's no way of
legally entering and proving cigarette smoking is going on in a
building in our state (PA).

Why he want's so dearly to dictate a rent-paying tenant's private activities
is a mystery to me, but then, I'm not a liberal.

I think the reason is most likely money. That's something most
non-liberals seem to worry a lot about.

I suspect he's afraid later tenants won't rent if they smell
cigarettes. I have a weak nose in general, but a lot of people can
smell mere traces of smoke.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether