meirman

Default Interesting tidbit

Interesting tidbit:

I needed a new socket for my electric range. At Lowe's and HD, they
were all made in China. (Didn't think to go the supply store I just
found that sells retail with no problem.)

Put the big metal clip around the black plastic socket and tested it
by inserting the burner coil. Took out the coil and the metal had
bent. Barely tight enough anymore to hold the plastic socket.

So I tried the original clip, which is 26 years old and dirty. Yet,
when I pushed the plastic socket passed the edge of the holes in the
clip, the clip went "boing", and clipped firmly. Better after 26
years than the foreign one is new.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether